Sunday, October 3, 2010

C6

   
Say you:  It's a vending machine.
    
Say me:  There are two that live in the lobby of my local public library. 

Every since I read The End of Overeating earlier this year, I've been aware of all the places that offer food in addition to the primary services they provide--places that 25 or 30 years ago would never have done so (the author touches on this in the book).  So the machines mildly offend me on two levels: First, that there is an opportunity to buy something at one of the few places in our society where consumption simply isn't part of the equation and secondly, that there is an opportunity for people to eat where eating shouldn't be part of the equation.  

I thought eating in the library was against the rules.  Come to find out, it's technically not.  I have a friend who works there and she said one night when she was working, a dude had a pizza delivered to him there.  

Which is just wrong. 

By the way, did you know you can buy a vending machine at Costco?  Yup.  $4899.99.  Between coffins and now junk food dispensers, I'm beginning to believe there simply nothing you can't buy there.  It's inspired me to start a new label for my entries: You can get it at Costco.  Which means I'll have to start checking their website daily. 

We don't have Costcos in Oklahoma.  Too bad.  I was really wanting a slushy machine for my kitchen.  -> 

No comments: