Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Esk Fro

Classic 50's, as the sign says, has been in Norman since 1957 and is a local (and locally owned) institution.  Sonic tried to drive them out--I don't recall all the drama involved now--but Classic 50's held their ground.  So Sonic moved in right next door, one surmises in an attempt to bully them out of business.  Guess what?  Didn't work.  Sonic eventually moved across the street so they could add their drive-thru feature and Classic 50's remains.  


So, you know, score 1 for the little guy. 


Plus you can get pickle-Os there.  
Say you:  translation please? 
Say me:  Oh, total low cal snack. Battered and deep fried pickles served with ranch dressing.  Not my thing, but who am I to argue with a menu that's been around longer then me? ->

No comments: