Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fat Elvis Diner

Again.  I can't make this stuff up.  

We were on the road to go here and we saw this little gem in Yukon, Oklahoma.  Honestly, how on earth can you see a place named "Fat Elvis Diner" and NOT eat there?  

Think onion burgers.  Well, here.  You don't have to think.  I'll show you one.  The Fat Elvis Burger, to be precise: 

 













I'm quite certain it was a low-cal, low-fat, guilt free variety of double bacon cheese burger that The Geek consumed with vigor.  

And what Fat Elvis Diner would be complete without, you know, Elvis?  


















He was quite the character.  Come to find out he's somewhat of a local celebrity.  Well, that may be all in his head, but he has a website and everything.   And to think I actually talked to him!  Wow!  -> 

3 comments:

Just A Passerby said...

That's hysterical.

Have you ever heard of a place in North Mississippi called "Graceland Too"? I guarantee you'll have not ever seen anything before that maintains such an impeccably high standard for all things tacky, until you've toured Graceland Too.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/11097

Admission: $5
Hours: "Always, just knock"

LOL

Susan said...

I have seen this Elvis guy preform at a party

Tanya said...

Passerby: OMG!! I WANT, WANT, WANT to go there. Especially since I was pushing to see the real Graceland this past summer until I found out it would cost over $100 for my family to see it. I don't need to view zebra-print carpet that badly.