Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thunde



So. Oklahoma City found themselves the recipient of a professional sports team two or three years a go. We inherited the Seattle Blackhawks? Falcons? Tigers? I dunno. Some NBA team that was in Seattle. They were going broke there, I guess, and moved here.

Our city really likes them. And apparently we're pretty good. Not that I would know, I've never been to a game. But I hear they're fun, so I guess I should go check them out at some point. Frankly, though, I don't have to try too hard to know what's going on with them. Facebook posts always tell me the following: When there's a game about the start (you see a lot of "THUNDER UP" at this point. I guess this is our cheer?), how the team is doing (read: status updates about missed shots, bad calls, etc) and whether they won or lost. It's perfect really. Except I still don't know any of the players' names. Or who the coach is. Or what playoff's we're in.

But I do know this: We want Ellen to be our Thunder Girl. To date she hasn't made an appearance here. presumably, though, it's only a matter of time. ->


No comments: