Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cast-offs


A friend had to go down to Texas and clean out her grandmother's (3,000 square foot) house last week.  Her garage is now full of boxes of stuff her family didn't want and she's sharing the wealth.   Some of the items she brought back with her were pretty cool.  For instance, you see those blue tumblers in that box there?  There were four of them and now live in my house.  Plus I got a really cool old sauce pan, yellow, cast-iron...you know the kind I'm talking about, right?  I'm a sucker for those.  

But then there was also stuff like this:  


















Yes.  That would be plastic fruit.  Yes.  That's a bug there on the pear.  She ran an unsuccessful campaign last night that was as relentless as mosquitoes in a swamp to get me to take it off her hands.  But I prevailed!  That horror remains in HER house.  As it should be.  -> 

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I sense a massive garage sale coming up in O.C.