Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Best of the Worst


Let me just preface this by saying I hated all these pictures.  The lines were soft in every one of them, and the weird colors Hipstamatic offers while in some cases looks good, in this case washed out the the original colors thereby diluting the point of my recording them. I eventually gave up and went with what I had, which I realized wasn't much at all upon shuffling through them at home (Thus adding fuel to the Geek's fire mantra of "You need a REAL camera") Those are actually acrylic finger nails, if you can't tell. 

So: Nail "art".  I'm sure you've seen it: the lovely French manicure with the Frankenstein twist that's been all the rage the past few years.  And people take it further, much further than just the tips, unfortunately. Honest to God, I've saw a woman once who had a rhinestone embedded in her thumbnails.  No.  I'm not kidding. 

Some women call this look "fun".  I call it "Tacky" (yes, that capital "T" was intentional) and am of the firm opinion that one should be sporting such fingernails in only certain, (read: quite limited) situations. Said situations being if you're 1) a drag queen , 2) channeling Dolly Parton on Halloween or 3) under the age of 12.  There's no excuse for such display any other time. Ever.  ->

No comments: