Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bel Air (Game Day I)

     
OK, even I couldn't be blase about this particular souped up ride when I saw it.  I specifically planned to go to campus today as there was a home game and tailgating activities are consumption fodder.  I  had walked only about 10 minutes when I saw this little gem out of the corner of my eye.   

It's a 1957 Chevy Bel Air station wagon, red and white naturally, and the dentist in charge has completely tricked it out for home games.  

Under the hood?  A grill.  

Where the windows used to be?  Fold down shelving--the other side had a nicely supplied open bar.  

The spare tire nook?  An ice chest.  

The gas tank?*  A keg.  


(The beer choice?  Really. Bad.  But you can't have everything, right?)  

In the station wagon section in the back?  A 36 inch flat screen TV.  

Up front by the grill?  Another TV mounted to the frame.  The guy said he got tired of not being able to watch other games while he was flipping burgers.  

It was completely over-the-top.  If I tail gated all the time I would totally want one.  -> 


*The tanks were inside the car back then.  Who knew? 

No comments: