Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Devon and Friends

The Devon Tower is in the midst of construction in downtown OKC and I've been telling myself I was going to go up there and take some pictures.  Which is really easy to do at 3:30 in the morning in an urban area that effectively shuts down at 5:30 pm.  


Here is what my experience taught me:  


1. It's a snap to get a parking place down there at that time of day. In fact, it's so easy, I just drove right up and parked by the fences of the construction area.  No one said a word to me.  Well, that's not true as you will see in point number four. 


2. Those dudes are on the same vampire schedule I keep, because not only was the place lit up like a Christmas tree, there were workers on the job and those really cool cranes, which simultaneously fascinate and terrify me, were in motion. 


3. It is quite nippy when the cold front moves in with accompanying hurricane winds.  Especially when you're in heels and no coat.  


4. Note to self: It's not out of the realm that a woman alone with a phone will be approached by one of the natives (read: construction workers), who might make an effort to hit on her. I would be flattered except I'm fairly certain the guy was drunk. 


5. It's much harder than I thought to get a good shot of buildings under construction.  I wasn't able to get that close and somehow I think being directly under the petrifying cranes would make for a more engaging photo.  However I weathered near blizzard conditions and an inebriated neophyte to get it. Not to mention the fight with Blogger, which took hours of HTML finagling as a result of my whims and toying with the hues and saturation in my photo editor to bring you the Andy Warhol inspired grouping below.  


7.  The building kinda looks like a headless robot, doesn't it? Arms all flailing....




No comments: