Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lama's Wisdom

   
Can't wait.  People are going to receive The Dalai Lama's Little Book of Wisdom from Santa this year, who will have tucked it in their stockings for the bargain price of $7.98 plus tax.  

At which point the recipient of said wisdom, who is now chaste and perspicacious for reading these little nuggets, will feel they have Facebook status update material for the next year.  It's a simple matter of directly quoting the famed Buddhist because after all, who's going to argue with The Dalai Lama for crying out loud?  

And I will want to crawl through the social networking servers and personally strangle them.  -> 

4 comments:

tHG said...

It would be amazing if people read some of those pearls and took away something of worth instead of quoting from it like parrots.

That said, I have a post of my own coming out with a quote from the Dali Lama. I started it several days ago, but haven't finished it.

Granted my quote came from a book on writing called The War of Art by Pressfield, but I follow it up with another quote in the same ball park with the metaphor expressed in the first. Only the second comes from a female singer. I liked her tune with "Not every saint is a fool."

Tanya said...

I'm feeling there's some obscure reference here that I'm not cool enough to know. Perhaps I should consult "The Dalai Lama's Book of Wisdom" for some guidance.

tHG said...

I'll let you know when I post it. Then you'll see what I mean, it's about writing and developing characters and how ridiculous this War of Art Book is at times. Nuts and bolts, it's just a book that basically says, "get off your collective asses creative types and go out there take the risk and make something." Except with a lot more words and random quotes from multiple sources - the Dali Lama included.

Unknown said...

Who would argue with the Dali Lama? One billion Chinese, that's who.