Friday, March 25, 2011

$4

I can remember when super balls entered my world.  I was a kid, 5th grade to be precise, and my friend Heather* and I would stand yards apart on the concrete parking lot during recess and bounce that thing to each other the entire time.  We did it every recess for several weeks and eventually started a trend.  The balls of yore were tiny, but they had some serious spring to them.  

I have to say, I can't help but be impressed with what evolution has done to the standard bouncy ball.  The one in the pic is clear, has glittered water, and hello!  An eyeball!  And check this out:  when you bounce the ball, the eyeball lights up!  No, it doesn't matter that this generation's version doesn't have near the bounce.  Did you catch that it has an eyeball that lights up inside the ball? 
Say you: I'm sure that eyeball's light will burn out inside of a week.
Say me: Whatever.  Killjoy.  
And yes,  I bounced it.  Several times.  I had to get the lit-up eyeball for the picture, you see. ->


*You know how some school years are just extraordinarily bad?  Fifth grade was like that for me.  If it hadn't been for Heather, I wouldn't have made it.  We're still in touch.  


No comments: