Saturday, March 26, 2011

Ty

I went to an estate sale this afternoon for the sole purpose of getting office supplies.  Unfortunately, the people whose home I was raiding obviously didn't have the passion for such important matters, because there were none to be had. 

But she did like those stupid ubiquitous beanie dolls.  I swear to you, there were well over 200 of them--peacocks and penquins and cats and dogs and bugs and bears, bears, bears, stuffed unceremoniously into boxes and being sold for $2 a pop.  Unless they were encased alone in a very special plastic box.  Then they sold for $4 a pop. 

I can remember one time I went to McDonalds for breakfast and the line for the drive-thru was around the corner.  It was moving pretty quickly and I wasn't in a hurry, so I waited it out.  When I made my order the response to me from the electronic box was an incredulous:  "You don't want a Happy Meal?"  "No", I replied.  "Just an Egg McMuffin, thanks." 

When I got to the window, I asked about why she questioned my order.  Apparently the toy in the Happy Meal, for a limited time only!, was a Ty beanie baby.  And people were lined up around the corner of McDonalds to acquire it. They had just gone on sale that day. 

I'm sure you'll be shocked to learn I didn't buy any.  And neither did Little Missy.  She bought a limited edition Barbie Doll instead.  -> 

No comments: