Friday, May 27, 2011

Delight, Istanbul Day 2



Spice Market in old Istanbul. This city is huge so I couldn't begin to give an exact location. This place is also called The Egyptian Bizarre if that has any meaning for you. I think the plan is to go to the Grand Bizarre tomorrow. My life isn't over if I miss it. But a Turkish Bath is also on tap. My life may be over if I miss that. No worries! I won't post a picture of myself receiving one, I promise.

My only complaint with the city at this point is how unbelievably aggressive vendors are in their attempts to get you to buy their crap. The skilled ones are much more subtle about it, but aggressive all the same. I had some buyer's remorse today, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

Also, when I was taking pictures today my mother summarily explained my year-long project thusly:

"Tanya has a blog. She takes pictures of weird things and posts them there."

Sigh.

Here's a bonus weird shot, only because I couldn't decided which one to use. ->












No comments: