Friday, August 10, 2012

Wanted: Stray Cat Name

We have a new member of the family: 


Some funky "lens" on Hipstamatic.  This was the only shot in which he didn't move.
  
He's been here less than 15 hours as of this writing, and naturally there's upheaval. 

Upheaval between the the parents and kids: the kids are insisting we name him "Charlie". I'm not sure I'm on board with this name.  

Upheaval with Old Angry Cat: he's not speaking to me AND being passive aggressive by eating the kitten food instead of his own food.  

Upheaval with Kitty-Who's-Not-Named-Charlie: he unceremoniously took a dump on my living room rug despite the fact that I've got his very own litter box set up for him and I've put him in it at least five times since his arrival.  

Upheaval with sleeping habits: Kitty-Who's-Not-Named-Charlie decided it was play time. At 6:45 this morning. He was insistent. 

INSISTENT.  

He pounced my face. ->  


4 comments:

Deirdre Newcomb said...

Sounds like his name should be rooster - if he's going to be your new alarm clock.

Or Pounce

Or Charlie ...

Anonymous said...

Love that song - of course the kids want to call her Charlie - you taught the kids to think according Love, Mom

Tanya said...

Yes...Charlie may be the winner seeing as the kids have been stuck on the that one for over 24 hours now.

But for the record I like Mean Mr. Mustard. Or Sir MacDougall Monroe.

Unknown said...

Eating the little dude's food is ACTIVE aggressive.