Wednesday, December 7, 2011

All Links All The Time

So I heard this story with Martha Stewart earlier in the week on NPR.  


All you need is this line from the interview 

"...up in Maine at my summer house...built by Edsel Ford, by the way..."


to know that the woman remains completely insufferable.  


I found Tumblr. Because seriously, I need another digital time killer. Where has it been all my life? I cannot believe the gems lurking around on that site.  


To wit:


Mind-blowing things students write and have the nerve to turn in to their professors. And by "mind-blowing" I mean "unbelievably inane." 


Animals Talking in All Caps. Hilarious.  


And then there are the hungover owls. Priceless.  


Art 


All Hipstamatic cats all the time. (One of mine made it over there. Go to December 8th and look for the super-close up, as I can't get it in a separate window. You can also see her on Flickr.) 


I could go on, but you get the idea. 


Naturally I started one of my own, because I don't want to be left out. It's only pictures, and nothing I post here. I'm trying to get more proficient with my DSLR and my best attempts I'm hanging over there (along with Flickr, of course.) It's a wee bit light right now, but I'm trying to post an average of one a day. 


Speaking of pictures, The Geek informed me of this wicked camera app called Paper Camera. It takes pictures only in weird modes, giving your results an arty, surreal quality.


Still Life
How cool is that? 


Oh, one other cool blog, but this one is on Blogger. Men who go to strip clubs baring their souls. You can't stop reading, I'm warning you. 


Song of the week:  





No comments: