Friday, April 27, 2012

More Pimping of My New Blog

I'm pretty well obsessed with my new picture blog.  


A sneak peek:  




I'll tell you a bit more about these two here than I will mention over there.  


This is Walter and Karen. They both work in housekeeping at the Colcord, one of the fanciest hotels in the city.  I caught them taking a break way back in a corner in the back of the building. I asked them if the job treated them OK and they both shrugged. Walter said it did, Karen was non-committal.  


They don't get many tips.  


Did you know you were supposed to tip your housekeeping people when you stay at a hotel or motel?  I always do. 

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Miss Naive here. What the heck do you do with the money? Just abandon it on the dresser? How do they know it's for them?

Tanya said...

I always leave a note under it that says "thanks for the room clean". If I don't, they don't take the money. Hotel rooms always have those goofy pads and pens, so the note is never an issue.