Friday, April 27, 2012

More Pimping of My New Blog

I'm pretty well obsessed with my new picture blog.  

A sneak peek:  

I'll tell you a bit more about these two here than I will mention over there.  

This is Walter and Karen. They both work in housekeeping at the Colcord, one of the fanciest hotels in the city.  I caught them taking a break way back in a corner in the back of the building. I asked them if the job treated them OK and they both shrugged. Walter said it did, Karen was non-committal.  

They don't get many tips.  

Did you know you were supposed to tip your housekeeping people when you stay at a hotel or motel?  I always do. 


Carolyn said...

Miss Naive here. What the heck do you do with the money? Just abandon it on the dresser? How do they know it's for them?

Tanya said...

I always leave a note under it that says "thanks for the room clean". If I don't, they don't take the money. Hotel rooms always have those goofy pads and pens, so the note is never an issue.