Friday, June 29, 2012

Sounds of summer

Nothing but a lazy afternoon sitting by the in-law's pool. They live in a rural area surrounded by 5 acres of land.  If you close your eyes you can feel all alone in the world. I love going out there alone during the summer. It's peaceful.  


I caught some of my favorite sounds with this video, my kids splashing in the pool, grasshoppers en mass, and way off in the distance a rooster crowing:  




Well you might not be able to hear the rooster, but he's there. 


I shant go on a tangent with stuff I love and hate about summer, although I easily could. Suffice it to say, it's generally a good time of year.  


One of my favorite summer songs of all time. I know I've posted it before, but I have all kinds of memories wrapped up in this song and album (well...when I bought it originally, it was a cassette...) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I heard no bird.