Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Fun

Shorts: 

Real Time WWII tweets.  How about that?  

Those extras you see in the movies?  Inflatable. 


More really excellent reasons as to why I am completely and utterly RIGHT when I say spiders are evil


Where on earth has this photo site been all my internet life?  Score! 


Medium:  


So--what better way to bring family-friendly fun and games into your home than to order a gas mask?  


That's right, I said "gas mask." Straight to our front porch, originating in Israel via Amazon. Um, "Israli-civilian issued," to be exact:


Hebrew? Sure!  Authenticity.  That's how we roll. 
Suffice it to say, The Boy is taking his Halloween costume quite seriously this year. Here's a look in context: 




Cool look, right?  I mean, in a Pink-Floyd- Another-Brick-in-the-Wall-Part-2 kind of way.


Naturally, his sister wanted to give it a whirl. Because I allow him to be such a good influence on her. Disclaimer: Forgive! The following picture is not nearly as good. I could drag her out of bed 90 minutes after she went to sleep for a redo, but believe it or not, I do have some parental sense that rears its ugly head every now-and-again:




She's going to be a "necromancer" this year for Halloween. Which is some sort of creature on some video game that summons the dead.  


Again, we are nothing if not wholesome here at Mattek Central.  


Not to be outdone by a future Navy S.E.A.L. Dude or a Summoner of Death, The Boy took a picture of me too:




Little Missy, to me:  You look like an elephant, Mom. 


She does wonders for my self esteem, that one. 


By the way, the actual mask is expired.  So much for that family vacation to the Izu Islands


Song of the week:  



No comments: