Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Randomness

OK, first off, let's get this out of the way:


I'm not doing geography lessons anymore. That was a really stupid idea. You are quite capable of finding random places in the world and googling them to your hearts' content. 


2) I bought a bag of salt water taffy last night. Also a really, really stupid idea. I have absolutely no control when it comes to sweet, chewy goodness. In addition to taffy, I'm especially vulnerable to Brach's peppermint nougats, Mary Janes, Starbursts and Tootsie Rolls. Brach's also used to make the absolute best peanut butter taffy I've ever tasted and they only released it during Halloween season.  I'm pretty sure they discontinued it though, because I haven't seen the product on the shelves in years. Which is both a tragedy and a relief. 


3) I got in the cell phone photo show again! Opening is tonight and my photo was part of the press packet. Wheee!    


4) The OKC Thunder is in the finals for the NBA championship title and I went to nerve center last night for photos:


This is part where I pimp my arty photo 

You can find the majority of them here, others I took are in queue and I'll upload them in the days and weeks to come. My favorite is this one--I think from a technical standpoint it's the best by far. 


I'm bummed beyond belief that I never encountered the storm trooper. He's pretty much the only reason I went out there. Word on the street is he gets hot and heads inside the venue in short order. And to that I say TTTHHHPPPTTT. Dude, if you're going to put yourself out there like that, make a name for yourself with this schtick you've got going, you have an obligation to the public to make yourself seen. Outside. In the 90 degree heat. And 78% humidity. Where the little people with cameras, obscure blogs and no tickets hang out.  


I suppose I saw some interesting people. Out of all the stuff I saw last night though, what impressed me the most was that Al Jazeera Sport was there: 


Get. Out. 


I wouldn't think that other people in the world cared about American basketball--I sure don't--but apparently I'm way off base. I chatted with the cameraman for a minute or two:


HIM: Are you from here?


ME: I am. 


HIM: So you're a fan yes? 


ME: Honestly, I've never seen a game. 


HIM: So you're a big fan.  


ME: I am, yes.  -> 

No comments: